Sunday, November 10, 2013

Hate to Network or Cold Call? Great Resource for Job Seekers!

I just read a fantastic book called, "100 Conversations for Career Success" by Laura M. Labovich and Miriam Salpeter. The authors share great tips to help you learn to network, cold call, and tweet your way to your dream job. Many of my clients cringe at the idea of networking and cold calling (can't blame them on the last one). This book takes all of the stress out of doing any of these activities.

This easy to read book includes scripts on how to handle a networking event and follow-up, how to handle a cold call with no lead or with a lead, how to communicate on LinkedIn and other social media, and so much more.

To give you a glimpse into the book, I'd like to share a tidbit that I found very valuable. If you're in a job search, personalize your outgoing message. The authors share this example:

"Hello. This is Sam Browning, human resources and training expert. I'm sorry I can't take your call now. Please leave your name and number, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible." Another example would be to also include your email address.

If you're in a job search, I highly recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment